Global News

#LekkiMassacre: “CCTV Cameras were not Removed, Footage is Available” - Gov Sanwo-Olu

#LekkiMassacre: “CCTV Cameras were not Removed, Footage is Available” - Gov Sanwo-Olu (Updated: 2 years ago)


The governor of Lagos state, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has debunked claims that CCTV cameras at the Lekki tollgate were taken down right before the Lekki shootings on Tuesday.

In an interview with AriseTV, the governor noted that the CCTVs are intact and that in fact, the alleged removed cameras were infrared cameras used for taking records of car plates.

He said, “Will just say the truth of what happened. Nobody ordered. I called the managing director of LCC that night when I saw the pictures and what he said to me was that because of the curfew that had been announced, they took a decision that they will take out installations that were critical to them.

“That camera that you saw is not a security camera, it’s not a motion camera. It’s a laser camera for vehicles. When you are approaching the toll plaza, you would remember that there is a camera that is at the level of your car. What that camera does is that it picks the tags and number plates of cars approaching the toll plaza. It’s an infrared camera and not a security camera.

“Security cameras for the Lekki toll plaza are still available and these are some of the footage that we’ll be using for our investigation. Security cameras are installed on top of the towers and they are there, I have seen them they are live and they are still recording and nobody can touch them.

“The cameras that were pulled off were a decision that the local personnel of the company took in conjunction with their managing director. The security cameras are still intact and these are things that we can leave open for citizens to come and verify.

“We will drop this as evidence so that experts can review and see what kind of cameras are these that were shown in the footage. I think that is the honest and truthful position of that.”

The governor also noted that there was no order for the lights at the toll plaza to be turned off.

“With regards to the light, I understand there is also a concessionaire that manages the LED board on top. They are the ones that have the concession agreement and have the right.

“I saw a letter like any other person said that the company said they put off their light because of the curfew that the state government had put in place. Those were their points and I have never spoken to the owner of that business not in the last one week, so there’s no communication that will reflect that we influenced that decision. That was a decision a corporate organisation took that because of the curfew they are taking off the LED screen.”

Add a coment

Recent Posts

DJ Baddo
DJ Baddo
Lyta
Lyta
Bracket
Bracket
C Blvck
C Blvck
Skaa
Skaa
Daddy Showkey
Daddy Showkey
Sarkodie
Sarkodie
Hotkid
Hotkid
JoeEL
JoeEL
Yonda
Yonda
Portable
Portable
Made Kuti
Made Kuti
Seyi Vibez
Seyi Vibez
Olamide
Olamide
Dapo Tuburna
Dapo Tuburna
Efe
Efe
SkiiBii
SkiiBii
D’Banj
D’Banj
Deshinor
Deshinor
Wurld
Wurld
Olalakeside
Olalakeside
Qdot
Qdot
Papisnoop
Papisnoop
Ric Hassani
Ric Hassani
King Promise
King Promise
Ycee
Ycee
Seyi Shay
Seyi Shay
BNXN
BNXN
Rema
Rema
Naeto C
Naeto C
Larry Gaaga
Larry Gaaga
Niniola
Niniola
Erigga
Erigga
Yemi Alade
Yemi Alade
Zoro
Zoro
Lil Kesh
Lil Kesh
Mr Gbafun
Mr Gbafun
Yung6ix
Yung6ix
Bisa Kdei
Bisa Kdei
HarrySong
HarrySong
NAIJAKIT.COM