A unique voice with an outstanding lyrical prowess, Afro-pop sensation, Oyindamola Johnson Emmanuel popularly known as Dammy Krane is a Nigerian singer, songwriter and performer that has been able to carve a niche for himself in the music industry.
He started singing at the age of 6 while in the choir and continued with that zeal at Providence Heights secondary school where he was an amazing dancer and a performer.
Dammy was inpired by renowned singer such as 2face Idibia, D’Banj, Femi Kuti and Lagbaja. No wonder he has remained consistent and relevant in the Nigerian music industry, showcasing his energetic side both on stage and music videos.
Here are the 10 other interesting things you probably don’t know about him.
1. Dammy Krane was born on December 10, 1992.
2. He is of the Yoruba ethnicity, South west part of Nigeria.
3. His father Oluwakemi Osodi was a manager in the fuji music industry and that explains why Dammy has go that great voice.
4. He was signed by 2baba’s record label “Hypertek Records” at the age of 20.
5. He rose to fame with the hit single “My Dear” which was released in 2012.
6. He has got 4 albums to his name; Uni Girls (2010), Pooner (2011), Condom Sir (2012), The Enterkrainer (2014).
7. He has worked with other prominent acts across the country such as Wizkid, Chidinma, Davido, 2baba and so on.
8. He won the rookie award at the headies 2012 and was also nominated for Next Rated at the Headies Award.
9. Dammy Krane is one fo the most influential Nigerian singer with an estimated net worth of $500,000.