Nigeria’s Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo has promised Nigerians nine things as he declared for the presidency on Monday.
Here are some highlighted promises:
1. Security: “If given the opportunity then I believe that first, we must complete what we started by radically transforming our security and intelligence architecture.”
2. Economy: “I’ll Provide an excellent environment for businesses to fly, enhance our Social Investment Programme to a full scale social welfare scheme.
“Complete the lifting of 100 million Nigerians out of poverty within this decade and rapidly advance our infrastructure development, especially power, roads and railways.”
3. Judiciary: “Completing reform of our justice system, focusing on ensuring justice for all and the observant of the rule of law.”
4. AGRICULTURE: “Taking the agriculture revolution to the next level especially mechanization and developing the farm to table value chain.”
5. REGULATIONS: “Making sure that the government, its agencies and regulators serve the business community.”
6. TECHNOLOGY: “Creating a tech economy that will provide jobs for millions of Nigerians.”
7. Education: “I’ll complete the task of ensuring that all Nigerians attend schools and reform our educational system for relevance to the challenges of this century”
8. GOVERNANCE: “Strengthening the capacity of States and Local Governments to deliver on their respective mandates. I’ll make sure the government agencies serve the businesses.”
9. ETHNICITY: “Let us build a Nigeria where everywhere in this land is home for everyone, where our diversities, tribes and faiths unite, rather than divide us. Let us build a Nigeria where everyone sees each other as sisters and brothers.
“Let our tribes become one tribe; the Nigerian tribe, where all are treated fairly, justly and with respect.”